* The 4 feelings are:
* Independence: Each limb is playing a different pattern, each at their own unrelated tempo.
* Interdependence: Each limb is playing a different rhythmic pattern that is interlocking at the same tempo.
* NO! Learning the drums by ear is completely possible. Reading is just a very effective tool to help you achieve mastery on the drums a lot quicker and more efficiently.
* The written notation tells you when to:
* The time signature defines the relationship between the time and the rhythm.
* The top number of the time signature tells you HOW MANY beats are in each measure.
* The bottom number of the time signature tells you WHAT KIND of note sounds exactly like the beat.
Please log in again. The login page will open in a new window. After logging in you can close it and return to this page.